Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-05-13 Origin: Site
Description of Sorbitol:
Sorbitol is a new kind of sweetener extracted from glucose, with the molecular formula C6H14O6, molecular weight 182.17. The product is colorless, odorless, clear, and sticky liquid or crystalline powder with sweet taste, with excellent characters of freshness-maintain, fragrant-retain, color-keep and wetness.
The main purpose
1. It can be used as raw material to produce vitamin C. Sorbitol can be fermented and chemically synthesized to produce vitamin C. It can also be used as a raw material for industrial surfactants to produce span and Twan surfactants. Sorbitol, with its moisturizing properties, can replace glycerin and is used in the production of toothpaste, cigarettes, and cosmetics. Using sorbitol and propylene oxide as raw materials, polyurethane rigid foam plastics with flame retardant property can be produced. In the food industry, it is used as a sweetener, a humectant, a chelating agent, and a tissue improver. In the medical industry, sorbitol is nitrified and dehydrated sorbitol ester is used to treat coronary heart disease. Food additives, cosmetics raw materials, organic synthetic raw materials, moisturizing agents, solvents, etc.
2. Nutritive sweeteners, wetting agents, chelating agents, and stabilizers. It is a special sweetening agent with moisturizing function. It is not converted into glucose in human body and is not controlled by insulin, so it is suitable for diabetics. It can be used for pastries with a maximum usage of 5.0g/kg; The maximum usage amount in surimi and its products is 0.5g/kg. It can also be used as defoaming agent for sugar making, brewing and soybean products. It can also be used to moisturize raisins, thicken alcohol, cool drinks, and keep fragrance, as well as candy and gum.
3. Synthetic resin and plastics, separation, and analysis of low boiling point oxygen-containing compounds, etc. It is also used as gas chromatography fixative, thickener, hardener, insecticide, etc.
4. Used as a stationary liquid for gas chromatography, for the separation and analysis of low boiling oxygen-containing compounds, amines, nitrogen, or oxygen heterocyclic compounds. It is also used in organic synthesis.
5. Used as a humidifier for toothpaste, cosmetics, and tobacco. It is a substitute for glycerine, which has a mild moisturizing effect and tastes better. You can use it with other moisturizers to get a synergistic effect. It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry as raw material for the manufacture of vitamin C.
6. Diuretic dehydrating agent. For the treatment of cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure, increased intraocular pressure for the treatment of glaucoma, also used for edema, oliguria heart normal renal function.
7. Aquatic preservative.  The ratio of 2.1% sucrose + 3.15% sorbitol + 1.00% compound phosphate could effectively reduce the water activity of dried fish fillets and improve the activity of CA-ATpase.